ARCMobile User Guide
From ARC Wireless Wiki
The ARCMobile application is currently in beta for iOS and most Android devices. If you'd like to be a beta tester please contact us at email@example.com.
Setup & Login
Before you can use the ARCMobile app, you need to connect your phone via wifi to either the customer network or the InstallerNet network of your device. Otherwise you will see an error "Unable to reach device" when you attempt to login.
- Login Credentials
- Use the same login credentials you use to login to the ARC OS Web UI. Note: Only the admin user will be able to login via ARCMobile. The limited user account will be denied access.
- Login Troubleshooting
- If at anytime you connect to a different device you will automatically be logged out of the current ARCMobile session.
- Remember you must be connected via wifi to the customer network or InstallerNet SSID of your device in order to use ARCMobile.
- If you still encounter a login error, confirm your mobile app version is compatible with the firmware version on your device.
The ARCMobile™ app is currently centered around aiding installation of the W-WAN radio on your ARCFlex™ device. The main configuration options are listed below.
- Product Name
- Firmware version
- Network status
- WLAN status
- WWAN status
- W-WAN Settings
- Set the WWAN Settings. Only applicable to the dual-radio devices like SplitStation™, FreeStation™, and Split mARC™. Please see the ARCFlex ARC OS Configuration Guide for more information about WWAN configuration.
- Device Location
- Set your device's location via GPS by pressing the "Fetch Current Location" button. You must have GPS enabled on your phone in order for this feature to work. Your device's name and "friendly" location fields can be set from this page as well.
- Aiming Utility
- Utility to aid in aiming - view the current signal strength values on the WWAN. Only applicable to the dual-radio devices like SplitStation™, FreeStation™, and Split mARC™.
- Site Survey
- Perform a site survey scan on the WWAN. Only applicable to the dual-radio devices like SplitStation™, FreeStation™, and Split mARC™. Pressing the "Select" button next to an entry will take you to the WWAN Settings and populate the SSID field with the provided SSID.